Saturday, September 24, 2005

Welcome to RevThom.com

Welcome! This is the blog for Rev. Thom Belote. I am the minister of the Shawnee Mission Unitarian Universalist Church in Overland Park, Kansas. We are a growing, vibrant liberal- religious community spanning the generations. It is a fantastic joy to minister to this talented, dedicated, fascinating, and diverse group of people. If you are in the Kansas City area, I hope you'll visit us.

Who is this Blog for?
This blog is written for:
+ Those actively involved in the Shawnee Mission Unitarian Universalist Church community.
+ Those in the Kansas City metro-area who may be seeking a liberal religious community.
+ My friends, colleagues, former-parishioners, fellow bloggers, and the wider UU community.
+ Those who happen upon it accidentally.

What content will I find here?
This blog is intended mainly to be a vehicle for posting sermons. From time to time I will post announcements, resources, or other written reflections. Plus the occasional miscellany.

How can I support this blog?
If you live in the Kansas City metro-area, come worship with us on Sunday morning. If you happen to be passing through town, drop by for a visit.
If you are a frequent reader not in the Kansas City area, and want to support the kind of liberal religion this blog promotes, you are welcome to send a tax-deductible gift. Your gift will be used to promote the use of technology to increase the voice of liberal religion. You can send your gift to:

Technology Special Fund
c/o Shawnee Mission UU Church
7725 W. 87th Street
Overland Park, KS 66212
(make check out to SMUUCh)


Finally, I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to email me with your thoughts. My email address is:
minister@smuuchurch.org