1) Matthew, Mark, Luke, John (1 point each)
2) Answers can include the Vedas, Brahmanas, Aranyakas, Upanishads, Puranas, Mahabharata, Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana, Yoga Sutras, Laws of Manu, Kama Sutra (1 point if you could name any of these)
3) Quran or Koran (1 point)
4) Bethlehem (1 point)
5) The Good Samaritan (1 point)
6) Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy (1 point each)
7) "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" (Matthew 7:12) or a similar sentiment from Rabbi Hillel or Confucius. ("Love your neighbor as yourself" is not the Golden Rule.) (1 point)
8) No, this is not in the Bible. In fact, it is contradicted in Proverbs 28:26: "He who trusts in himself is a fool." The words are Ben Franklin's. (2 points)
9) Yes, in the Beatitudes of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5:3) (2 points)
10) The Protestant, Catholic and Jewish versions of the Ten Commandments differ. Give yourself credit for any ten of the following 12 commandments, each of which appears in at least one of those three versions:
1. I the Lord am your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, the house of bondage.11) The Four Noble Truths are: Life is suffering; Suffering has an origin; Suffering can be overcome (nirvana); and, the path to overcoming suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path. (Give yourself one point for each noble truth.)
2. You shall have no other gods before me.
3. You shall not make yourself a graven image.
4. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
5. Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
6. Honor your father and mother.
7. You shall not kill/murder.
8. You shall not commit adultery.
9. You shall not steal.
10. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
11. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
12. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.
12)The seven sacraments are: Baptism; Eucharist/Mass/Holy Communion; Confession; Confirmation; Marriage; Holy Orders; and, Last Rites (1 point each)
13) The establishment clause and the exercise clause. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." (1 point each)
14) Muslim holiday characterized by a month of fasting (2 points)
15) The following matches are worth 1 point each, up to 7 points:
Adam and Eve: Garden of Eden
Paul: Road to Damascus
Moses: Exodus and Parting of the Red Sea
Noah: Olive Branch
Jesus: Road to Damascus, Garden of Gethsemane
Abraham: Binding of Isaac
Serpent: Garden of Eden
Scoring: Add up total points, multiply by two. A is 90 points or higher; B is 80-89; C is 70-79. A passing grade is 60 points or more.
How did you do? Be Honest!!!