Sunday, February 03, 2008

Day 15: 29 Days of Gratitude

I bet you didn't know that Friday, February 15th is "Susan B. Anthony Day." When I found this out I couldn't help but dedicate a day of gratitude to one of our most famous and most heralded Unitarians.

You can read more about her life at this web-site.

I also paid a visit to the children's section at the Johnson County library. There I found three books for children about the life of Susan B. Anthony. They are:

Learning about Fairness from the Life of Susan B. Anthony by Kiki Mosher
The Susan B. Anthony You Never Knew by James Lincoln Collier
and Susan B. Anthony by Lucile Davis

Practice: As a way of being grateful for the life of Susan B. Anthony, express your gratitude to a heroic and courageous woman that you know. You may wish to write a letter to a woman who is a positive role model or you may wish to thank someone you know personally who touches the lives of the women around her.

No comments: