Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The Sabbatical Endeth

Today is my first day back since my sabbatical began on August 24th. It was great to see the turnout for today's Soup & Salon with Sara Sautter and sit in as the group discussed Karen Armstrong's latest book The Case Against God. I hope to see everyone this Sunday. My sermon topic will be "God and Galapagos."

If you didn't get a chance, I hope you will check out my sabbatical blog which described my journey to Ecuador and Peru in September and October.

Also, I know this is late notice, but if you are free later this afternoon you are invited to join me for coffee and conversation today from 4:15 to 6:15 at Dunn Brothers Coffee at 90th & Metcalf in Overland Park (right next to Half-Priced Books.) I got this idea from one of my colleagues in Iowa. I will be at Dunn Brothers each Wednesday from 4:15-6:15. Feel free to drop by and chat about whatever is on your mind.